Pharmacist PRN Varied Shifts
Serve patients by preparing medications, giving drug information to a multidisciplinary healthcare team, and monitoring drug therapies.
The Pharmacist(s) report to the Pharmacy Manager.
Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor?s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited pharmacy school. Illinois Pharmacist license in good standing.
Hours of duty may be long and irregular. Sits, bends, reaches, files, types, walks, and lifts ≤40 pounds. Visual acuity to prepare and read correspondence, documents, and reports. A more detailed description of physical demands and work environment for this position may be located in the Human Resources office.
1. Promotes the organizational value of RESPECT
a. Positively represents the organization (clinical capabilities, leadership, team members, and community service to others)
b. Maintains personal appearance and personal workspace in a professional and business appropriate manner
c. Keeps supervisor and relevant team members informed of developing issues or situations that have the potential to become more significant
d. Maintains mature judgement and confidentiality regarding sensitive matters
2. Promotes the organizational value of SERVICE
a. Demands high levels of customer service from self and other team members
b. Actively participates in organizational performance improvement initiatives designed to enhance effectiveness and/or efficiency
3. Promotes the organizational value of STEWARDSHIP
a. Promptly provides the appropriate corrective action when unacceptable individual performance occurs in area of responsibility
b. Manages personal time wisely during work hours
c. Promptly reports situations believed to be in violation of applicable laws, regulations, or organizational policy to the appropriate team member
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
4. Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to all external (patients, families, etc) and internal (co-workers, other departments, physicians, etc) customers. Comply with all hospital policies and procedures. Coordinate overall pharmacy functions with nursing and physicians.
5. Expense Management: Assist with the biannual inventory. Maintain awareness in drug pricing when ordering medication from wholesaler. Update computer pricing of drugs to accurately reflect current prices. Assist in chart audits to ensure accurate pharmacy charges.
6. People Supervision: Motivate team members. Help to ensure new team members are appropriately oriented, trained, and mentored to facilitate their effectiveness in the role they are performing. Attend staff meetings as needed. Direct technician?s and/or pharmacy student?s workflow and verify their work.
7. Compliance Management: Maintains awareness of ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies in area of responsibility. Assist with quarterly Performance Improvement reports and give to supervisor as requested. Submit safety reports to safety officer as needed. Lead Medication Management Committee monthly meeting and record minutes as needed.
8. Clinical Capabilities: Keep skills and knowledge current. Keep current with professional license(s) and certifications. Review medication orders and dispense medications accurately and timely. Assist in maintaining accurate narcotic records and narcotic counts hospital wide. Perform work in effective, organized, accountable, and overall competent manner. Provide drug information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counsels patients on drug therapies as needed.
9. Overall Performance: Demonstrate initiative and ownership in performance of duties and be a self- starter. Ability to adapt to changes. Function well under stressful conditions involving patients, family, other team members, and/or physicians. Assure proper documentation is maintained in all areas of involvement. Report medication errors and adverse drug reactions as they occur.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Ref Code: 103
Johnna Douglas - Human Resource Manager
28 Chick Street
Metropolis, IL 62960
medications, pharmacy, drug therapies, monitoring,