Controller FT Days
Summary: Reviews, analyzes, summarizes and reports financial results of operation in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures, government accounting procedures and critical access hospital cost report procedures. Ensures proper procedures and audit trail to properly support information. Responsible for the accurate and timely management of overall accounting activity including Outside Audits, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Monthly and Annual Accounting Close Procedures. Responsible for communicating financial results. Recommends and implements various strategic financial and cost initiatives.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Titles Supervised: A/P and payroll staff
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain accounting procedures in accordance with governing procedures.
2. Responsible for monthly close process
3. Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow.
4. Manager accounts payable and payroll processes and personnel.
5. Prepare and balance various federal, state and grant-related financial reports.
6. Maintain organized and efficient financial records.
7. Ensure appropriate internal financial controls are implemented and maintained.
8. Responsible for documentation of internal accounting policies and procedures.
9. Manage all IRS and tax reporting, including reporting for organization tax exempt status.
10. Maintain in-depth and hands-on knowledge of accounting functions and processes.
11. Establish and maintain appropriate backups and safety plans for accounting positions.
Additional Duties, Tasks, Responsibilities and Expectations:
1. Comply with all hospital policies and procedures as applicable for position including employee handbook, department and administrative policies and procedures, goals and objectives for self, department and performance improvement, safety compliance program, HIPAA and confidentiality, accreditation, and survey standards and infection control.
2. Provide exceptional customer service to all external (patients, families, etc.) and internal (co-workers, other departments, physicians, etc.) customers.
3. Participate in staff meetings and serve on hospital committees/teams as appropriate
4. Perform work in effective, organized, accountable and competent manner including following oral and written instructions.
5. Be respectful, courteous and caring in all interactions with others.
6. Demonstrate initiative and ownership in performance of duties and be self-starter.
7. Pass competency and proficiency testing as required by department or hospital including
computer based testing.
8. Adapt to changing work assignments and comfortable serving diverse community
9. Promote hospital services in service deliver area.
10. Function well under stressful conditions involving other departments, workload, etc.
11. Keep knowledge and skills current via education activities, in-services and other training.
12. Report to next shift or manager any problems or areas of concern to correct.
13. Perform related duties as needed including assisting others with their work.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have excellent management and communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and ability to appropriate learn and handle accounting software. Healthcare accounting experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required. Master's degree and CPA preferred.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 110
Johnna Douglas - Human Resource Manager
28 Chick Street
Metropolis, IL 62960
Financial, audits, payroll, payable, accounting, hospital, monthly close, financial reports