Welcome to the Cardiopulmonary Services Department
If you are suffering from Asthma, Bronchitis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(Emphysema), Cystic Fibrosis, Pneumonia or any other Respiratory Disorder; the Cardiopulmonary services department at Massac Memorial Hospital will provide inpatient and outpatient services to help diagnose, treat and educate you on breathing problems caused by injury or disease.
The Cardiopulmonary Services Department provides Registered and Certified Respiratory technicians, state-of-the-art equipment, and a Board Certified Cardiologist to deliver respiratory care for patients in Massac County and the surrounding area.
Our goal is to ensure satisfaction and outstanding patient care.
Cardiopulmonary Services include:
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Tests under the direction of our Board Certified Cardiologist, Bharat Patel, M.D.
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- Sesstambi Stress Echocardiogram
- 2 D/M/Mode Echocardiogram
- Complete Color Flow Dopler Echocardiogram
- 24 Hour Holter Monitor
- Cardiac Event Monitor
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
Respiratory Services include:
- Nebulizer Therapy
- Oxygen Therapy
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- Ventilator/CPAP Management
- Electroencephalogram (EEG’s)
Discharge Planning and Patient Education Includes:
- Consultation and Assessment
- Use of Medication
- Use of Equipment For Breathing Problems
- Breathing techniques
Dr. Bharat Patel, MD
Board Certified Cardiology
JoAnne Goins, RCP, CRT
Physicians on the Massac Memorial Hospital medical staff are independent contractors who have been granted
privileges at Massac Memorial Hospital. They are not employees or agents of the hospital.